Raritan Introduces Industry’s Most Secure and Comprehensive Solution for Managing Remote Server Racks and Branch Offices
Enables IT maintenance tasks to be performed securely from anywhere; Management appliance meets stringent industry and government security standards, including FIPS 140-2 encryption and Smart Card/CAC authentication
Raritan today introduced significant enhancements and new security features to the Dominion® KSX II integrated appliance targeted at companies wanting a single, easy-to-use solution to manage all the IT equipment residing in remote locations in a very secure and responsive way.
To meet the needs of government, financial and other security-focused organizations, the Dominion KSX II is the first such solution to provide advanced security features, including FIPS 140-2 encryption (U.S. government mandate for security encryption), Smart Card/Common Access Card (CAC) authentication [which meets U.S. Department of Defense standards and helps agencies comply with Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12)] and 256-bit AES encryption.
A single Web-based log-on provides IT managers with real-time, consolidated views of all the IT equipment deployed at remote locations and provides direct access to the equipment. By integrating a number of Raritan's award-winning and field-proven access and remote IT management technologies -- including KVM-over-IP and Serial Console Server remote access -- into one appliance, the new KSX II provides everything needed to securely manage, troubleshoot and configure IT equipment typically found in remote offices and IT racks -- including servers, blades, switches, routers, network appliances, PBXs, firewalls, load balancers and power distribution units. With optional Raritan PX rack-based power distribution units, the KSX II can be used to recycled power and reboot remote equipment.
For organizations that have multiple remote offices, Raritan introduced today CommandCenter® Secure Gateway 5.1 VMware-based Virtual Appliance that provides a consolidated view of IT equipment managed by the KSX II appliances. With Command Center, hundreds or even thousands of remote servers and serial devices, including virtual machines and hosts, can be managed from one portal.
"The KSX II solution, along with CommandCenter Secure Gateway Virtual Appliance, addresses real-world IT challenges, where organizations need to manage an array of servers and other IT equipment that coexist in remote locations, as well as virtual and physical environments," said Richard Dominach, Senior Product Manager at Raritan. "The KSX II is a cost-effective solution that offers direct access to troubleshoot and reboot remote equipment. It enables IT administrators to be in multiple places at once -- eliminating emergency travel to remote sites and making IT administrators' jobs easier. It also improves an organization's productivity and uptime."
The KSX II is targeted at the millions of computer rooms, labs, and data centers with racks of serial and KVM controlled devices, as well as small- and medium-size (SMB) businesses that have little or no IT support on premises.
The Dominion KSX II -- which is available worldwide, starting today -- is available in two models: DKSX2-144 (4 serial ports; 4 KVM ports) and DKSX2-188 (8 serial ports; 8 KVM ports). The integrated KSX II solution is priced at a fraction of the cost of assembling separate solutions, and has the added advantage of a single Web sign-on and unified interface for securely managing all remote devices. For the latest prices please contact Raritan Europe or one of its authorized resellers.
More about the Dominion KSX II
The Dominion KSX II secure appliance provides:
- Award-winning KVM-over-IP performance, reliability, usability and security;
- BIOS-level control of equipment with KVM interfaces;
- True serial remote access and control of serial devices (without requiring an expensive, powered dongle); console-level control via SSH, Telnet or Raritan Serial Client;
- Virtual Media to install software, run hardware diagnostics, transfer files and for remote booting;
- Advanced security features, such as FIPS 140-2 encryption, Smart Card / Common Access Card (CAC), 256-bit AES encryption, dual stack IPv4/IPv6 and strong passwords;
- Absolute Mouse Synchronization™, which reduces installation time and sets a new standard for mouse synchronisation;
- 1080p HD Remote Video Resolution – 1920x1080;
- Network-independent access via a built-in modem for emergency access;
- Optional remote power control with Raritan PX Rack PDUs -- enabling administrators to monitor power status and cycle power any attached equipment.